
It's hard for me to believe but our little Madeleine Grace is 15 months old today! She had her well visit with the doctor and she continues to be a tall girl - 80th percentile for height and 30th for weight. She's definitely a healthy, happy little girl and for that we are so thankful. She is a mover and a shaker now that she's walking well. She loves to play 'chase' with anyone who is willing to follow her. She is also starting to talk. All day long I hear 'Mommy' or 'My Mommy' which is music to my ears the majority of the time. She also loves to say Dada - especially when he arrives home from work. Last week we were going to go pick up our favorite babysitter, Abby, when I heard her in the backseat saying, "Abby, Abby" over and over again. She's working on Ethan ('Eeeeee') and kitty as well. This age is especially fun for us because she is the exact age that Ethan was when we adopted him. It's fun remembering what he was like 3 years ago at this time. I've been reading the entries in my journal for Ethan from 3 years ago when we were in Russia. I'm not really sure what I had to write about - went to the store, took a walk, played with you...repeat for 3 weeks. How could we have ever known then how fun life would be now? At that point all I was thinking was, "We can never afford to do this again and I am never coming back to this God forsaken place anyway so it doesn't matter!" As I see posts from other people in the Karelian kids group that we are a part of I have fond memories of Petrozavodsk and, believe it or not, if Ethan ever wants to go back for a visit his dear old mom would happily accompany him! We are so blessed with our little family!

0 comments:
Post a Comment