Today I went with my friend Kelly (you know, Riley's mom) to the Akron Zoo with the kids. I hadn't been there before but it was a pretty nice zoo - considering it was Akron. I think we had the right expectations of what it would be like and we all had a good time. We all enjoyed seeing the animals but one of the most entertaining animals was the gibbon, Koti. He was right up by the glass swingin' around. After we were home a few hours Ethan dug out an old zoo puzzle that he hasn't done in forever and asked me to help him with it. As we were working through it we chatted about the animals that we had seen, or hadn't seen, at the zoo today. When we got to the monkey I mentioned that we had seen a monkey but Ethan brought it to my attention that the monkey on the puzzle wasn't exactly like the monkey we saw at the zoo. I agreed with him that they were not exactly the same but that they were both in the monkey category. He jumped up and said, "I'll find a monkey like Koti!" He started digging through his books and found this little book he got as a prize at Arby's with a kids meal one time. We haven't read it much because it's really too detailed for Ethan's age and, to be honest, I found it to be a bit boring. Without a second thought Ethan whipped open the book and pointed to an animal on the page telling me that this was a picture of Koti. He was exactly right - it was a gibbon that looked exactly like Koti! This child's memory freaks me out at times!
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment