Monday, December 7, 2009

Cutting down the tree...

I guess we're going straight from Halloween to Christmas on this blog! This afternoon we headed out to cut down a Christmas tree. We are starting to think about getting an artificial tree but I'm dragging my feet. There is something so fun about going to the tree farm and cutting one down. Our kids had a great time. This was the first year that Madeleine could really participate and she really did!

Madeleine enjoyed finding stray branches on the ground.


The kids had fun pulling the cart.

Both my men just after cutting down our winner! Is it a good idea to let a 5 year old hold the saw?!? No harm done thankfully!

The three of them looked so cute walking back to the barn to pay for the tree and have them bale it. Madeleine loves to be held but right when we got to the tree farm she said she wanted to walk and walk she did! I can always tell that Ethan feels like a 'big kid' when he gets to help Daddy cut down the tree too.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Steph said...

I love this! They are so cute and I love the picture of the three of them hauling the tree in. So sweet!