What a week it has been! Last Monday our Maddy Girl turned 2 and today Ethan turned 5. I'm still rolling those numbers around in my head. When people ask me how old my kids are I need to start saying 'They're 5 and 2 thank you very much.' While I'm excited to see them grow and change and throwing them birthday hoopla is a blast I'm really feeling sad too. As I talk to people I get a mixed reaction. Some moms seem to care less about their kids getting older and some seem abnormally sad (to me at least). I'm guessing my sad feelings are normal but I just didn't see them coming. I didn't think I was going to be a sappy mama. Then again I also didn't see myself behind the wheel of a minivan but that is where I sit most days! Today the kids had their last day in their current Sunday School classes. Next week is Promotion Sunday and they'll be moving on. I was feeling choked up as I picked Madeleine up from the nursery for the last time. I keep telling myself that I want to be the mom who moves gracefully into the new stages of her kids lives but the movin' ain't as graceful as I had hoped for! I thought it would be fun to jot down what each of our kids is like right now...
Our Ethan...
~adores his Legos and plays with them for hours on end
~loves riding his bike up and down the street
~enjoys learning more about sports and is looking forward to playing soccer this fall
~loves his sister
~loves making his sister laugh
~is headed to Pre K 3 days a week (starting this Friday!)
~still loves to cuddle up with me
~but wants to hold my hand less in public:(
~loves hearing me sing "Jesus is All the World to Me' before he goes to bed
Our Madeleine...
~talks, talks, talks!
~says 'I Love You!' to each of us on a regular basis
~enjoys playing dress up
~enjoys playing with her kitchen
~enjoys playing with Ethan
~enjoys dancing and jumping
~loves making sure we're watching her dance and jump! ("Watch me Mommy! I jumping!")
~gives awesome hugs and kisses throughout the day

G'Pa with the kids on the morning of Madeleine's birthday
Our Ethan...
~adores his Legos and plays with them for hours on end
~loves riding his bike up and down the street
~enjoys learning more about sports and is looking forward to playing soccer this fall
~loves his sister
~loves making his sister laugh
~is headed to Pre K 3 days a week (starting this Friday!)
~still loves to cuddle up with me
~but wants to hold my hand less in public:(
~loves hearing me sing "Jesus is All the World to Me' before he goes to bed
Our Madeleine...
~talks, talks, talks!
~says 'I Love You!' to each of us on a regular basis
~enjoys playing dress up
~enjoys playing with her kitchen
~enjoys playing with Ethan
~enjoys dancing and jumping
~loves making sure we're watching her dance and jump! ("Watch me Mommy! I jumping!")
~gives awesome hugs and kisses throughout the day
G'Pa with the kids on the morning of Madeleine's birthday
Ethan waiting in line to play a game at his birthday party. He loved having all of his buddies over!

1 comments:
You and Mike have beautiful children and a beautiful family! I'm one of those moms that gets sad at birthdays and when school starts. It just means our babies are getting older and that is sad, but it's also exciting because each stage and age brings more joy and excitement. It's just such a bittersweet thing this motherhood. I know I wasn't warned about this part of it. lol Happy Birthday to your 2 year old and 5 year old! They are hitting big milestones now, as both are big birthdays. :)
Post a Comment