Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sweet Home Chicago and our last days as Orrvillites

The great debate at our house for the last year has been whether to go somewhere 'beachy' for our 10 year anniversary or to go to Chicago and really do it up...awesome dinners, a show or two, etc. In some ways we didn't get either! We did go to Chicago last week after dropping the kids off at my parents house for some TLC but our trip was anything but what we expected - in good ways and in not so good ways. As our trip was approaching so was a possible offer on our house - ya know, the one we've been trying to sell for a YEAR?!? Also, as the trip approached the price on the house we liked in Wooster fell a few thousand dollars. Coincidence? Our trip to Chicago included me getting rather sick, selling our house in Orrville and buying one in Wooster! We spent plenty of time on the phone and numerous times running to the fax machine but it all happened while we were in Illinois. Crazy! I am requesting a 'do over' on the trip due to illness and real estate dealings! I'm also glad we didn't fly to who-knows-where just to have me get sick and buy and sell houses so I guess choosing Chicago was a blessing in many ways. We did have fun and enjoyed a break from real life for a few days. Here's a summary of our three days downtown...

Billy Goat Tavern-Dayquil-Portillo's-shopping-Starbucks-Nyquil-The Art Institute-Fannie May-Dayquil-Nap-Starbucks-shopping-Cafe Ba Ba Reeba- shopping-Ghirardelli's-Nyquil-Starbucks-Dayquil-shopping-Navy Pier-ESPN Zone-frightening Jay Mariotti-Starbucks-shopping-nap-Marshall Field's-State Street-Garret's-nap-Dayquil-Gino's East-Starbucks-shopping. Also insert a call from our realtor between every other activity and you've summed up our trip!


Standing on Michigan Ave. looking south over the river


Can you see me? Can you see Mike taking the picture?



The first 10 years has been exciting to say the least! So now we're packing up. This move is also running right in to the Cleveland 1/2 Marathon I'm training for (no pun intended). From now until mid-May is going to be nuts for the Lee family but I'm sure we'll manage!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mills Family said...

That pesky realtor, she never lets you have any fun... but she gets the job done :) I agree about the do over... I don't know how you remember anything with all the day and night quil going on!

Mills Family said...

Oh Yeah, and I forgot to mention, Generals are Way Cooler than Riders :)

Life with la familia said...

I love our realtor! She certainly gets the job done. I resisted buying Rudy and Debbie a box of Fannie May chocolates deciding that probably wasn't very professional:)! I felt like they should have just come along on the trip with us! Oh yes, and Generals blow the doors off of Riders!

Steph said...

Oh my goodness Becky, I'm so exhausted reading that. lol You definitely deserve a do over! I'm glad you sold your house and bought a new one, but sorry it happened on your anniversary getaway weekend and that you were sick. :( Being sick is no fun, especially when you have plans. The pictures are really good and it looks like you were able to have some fun. So, when will your do over be?