Can you feel it, folks? The excitement! The wonder! Life as we know it has come to a grinding halt here in Wayne County. It's a wonder businesses can even stay open this week because it's time for the Wayne County Fair! (Please, please tell me you can feel the sarcasm). The locals are truly obsessed with this time of year and while I don't completely 'get it' I'm willing to play along, eat fried food of all sorts and try to blend in. We didn't have much going on today so I decided to take the kids early in the day before the complete craziness started. We had fun going up and down rows and rows of animals in the barns. Ethan has a phobia of goats - maybe he's a goataphobic? Other than a healthy fear of goats he seems to enjoy every other animal and we even had a lovely Holstein (that's country speak for a black and white cow) that licked, yes licked, our stroller! Thank goodness the canopy was up over Madeleine's head or she would have been covered in cow funk! It was a fun day and we'll be repeating the adventure tomorrow night with Daddy as we all go and indulge in fried goods yet again!

I thought something denim seemed appropriate for Maddy's first coherent visit to the fair. Last year she slept, cried and nursed. I'm still not sure what possesed me to take a 1 month old to the fair last year but heaven help me, I did.

I thought something denim seemed appropriate for Maddy's first coherent visit to the fair. Last year she slept, cried and nursed. I'm still not sure what possesed me to take a 1 month old to the fair last year but heaven help me, I did.




1 comments:
Coming from a Wayne County lifer... sometimes I don't get it either! Good thing about the canopy, that would not have been pretty! We just got back ourselves, from our nearly 9 hour marathon, one day trip to the fair! Have fun tomorrow! Eat some fried cheese for me (YUCK!)
Post a Comment