What a great week! As I think about trying to make a post and add some pictures I'm really not sure where to start. If you are a Facebook friend feel free to check out the album I created there. We took over 700 pictures between everyone in our family so it's hard to even begin to decide where to begin and end with pictures. I plan on adding more to the album when I have time so check back there in the coming days if you want to see more. Anyway, since I'm a girl who was raised in Illinois and currently lives in Ohio the view I got to take in all week was indescribable. I've been up and down the eastern side of the United States and seen mountains there, of course, but the Rockies are just so huge and majestic. We had a relaxing time enjoying our family, hiking, the great outdoors and, thanks to the Outlets at Silverthorne, a little retail therapy.

Madeleine early on in the hike before she fell asleep. She was so cute all slumped over in the carrier!

Madeleine early on in the hike before she fell asleep. She was so cute all slumped over in the carrier!

A very realistic idea of what it is like to get a decent family picture when your kids are the ages of Madeleine and Ethan!
The kids traveled well. It amazes me how a baby brings out smiles in people of all ages. On every flight we had people oohing and aahing over Madeleine's blue eyes and smiling at her. People who probably wouldn't have said anything if it were just Mike and I seemed to love the kids. I remember seeing a really sullen looking college age girl walking through the airport in Minneapolis and thinking about how sad she looked. Suddenly she looked in my direction and lit up with a smile because Maddy was smiling at her.
Well it's back to real life and my cozy bed is calling me since I need to get up for work tomorrow!



0 comments:
Post a Comment