Well, our friends Jeff and Kelly have arrived safely in Russia and today we had the chance to keep Riley for the day. Ethan was trilled last night at bedtime when I told him Riley would be coming over bright and early. When he got out of bed this morning he wanted to head to the window to see if Pop Pop might be here already to drop Riley off! The kids played well together for the morning and after Madeleine's morning nap I loaded them up in Stella (a.k.a. our motherly minivan) to run some errands and take them to McDonald's to play. We needed to pick up Madeleine's 9 month pictures (which came out SO cute!) before we went to McDonald's and the kids did a great job of sticking together and holding hands as we marched through the store to get them. I may have just possibly been dangling the McD playland over their heads a bit to get them to walk so nice and hold hands...maybe:)! They had fun munching nuggets, playing video games (Riley) and climbing up the tunnels and down the slides(Ethan). I also was brave enough to attempt a little Target run for a few needed items on the way home and I found that a box of raisins and some fruit snacks convinced them they should be angels in Target as well! The careful art of manipulation...hee, hee! Now all three kids are resting quietly and I'm glad to have a few moments of peace and quiet. Maybe we'll have our new camera by Friday and I can snap some pics of them to add to the blog. We'll see what happens next!
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Such a persuasive mother!! It's amazing what McD's will do! So glad to hear about the trip to Russia! Hoping you have a camera soon so we can see pictures, and what about the darling Madeleine photos? Are we going to get to see those as well??? PLEASE???
Sounds like you all had a good day. I'm glad Riley was so cooperative. I don't know where she gets the video game thing from - she loves to look at them, but we are always shuffling her along. Must be the "oh, shiny!" reflex. Thanks again!
Post a Comment