This afternoon Ethan set out to play in the backyard and he was having fun wedging himself between the bushes and the deck for some reason. He looked so cute out there playing by himself. It's nice having a fenced in backyard so he can roam and play even if an adult isn't outside with him. I can hear him talking and singing as he plays. I'd like to think that his little imagination is at work while he's out there on his own - free from the hassle of parents, a baby sister and the lure of the television set. He really wanted to wear the hat and shirt you see here. I really don't care for the shirt at all (I think the taupe color just ain't working for me) but because it's from his buddies Braden and Logan he loves it. He specifically asked for the John Deere hat too. He loves loving John Deere's just like his G-Pa!

More than willing to pose for a picture with the new camera the other night...

More than willing to pose for a picture with the new camera the other night...

Since we can't forget Madeleine, here she is! I was doing something at the computer when she crawled through the bottom of Ethan's workbench (also from Braden and Logan - most things are in this house)! I love her little look of, "Mama, I seem to have gotten myself in a little predicament here!"

And here she is lighting up my day with her smile and dance. She rocks back and forth on her cute little tush! It's fun to watch!

On a personal note, I just gotta add that I love summer - L.O.V.E. love it!!! Laying out in the backyard (just a tank top and shorts folks, the bikini ship has sailed, I think) with a Popsicle in hand, reading a Real Simple with my ice cold lemonade nearby I had the feeling the summer may have actually arrived in Ohio. I don't care how hot it gets I will take the heat over the cold of winter any day!
Bring on the sun!

1 comments:
Such cute photos. G-pa will be so proud of his little John Deere man.
Post a Comment