Saturday, March 29, 2008

An eel and a tooth

Today started out unlike most days this week. Our darling daughter has not been sleeping very well at night but last night, outside of a few whimpers, she slept through the night. That said, the morning started out with a much more pleasant mommy. I have found that I am a nasty person without enough sleep! I didn't know this before kids but now I'm fully aware of who I am! I digress. This morning as I sat eating breakfast with the kids I glanced at Madeleine's open mouth, mid-squeal and noticed a glimmer of white on her gums! A tiny little tooth is finally poking through for her. I know all parents get excited about this sort of thing but it feels extra fun for us because Ethan came equipped with 6 teeth when he came home so we didn't get the dorky 'first tooth' experience. This also explains the extra fussiness for the past few nights. Hers not mine...okay, maybe both of ours!
Now on to the eel! Ethan went to swimming today and toward the end of each session they get a little report card of sorts. At the end of the last session he still had several areas he was working on so the instructor said he would remain at that level for this session. Well, today when I grabbed his card it said that for the next class he would be moved up to the eel class. I've got so much 'mommy pride' going on today I could just explode! I could tell he was looking more confident during this series of classes. I'm so proud of him!

2 comments:

Mills Family said...

It's amazing what sleep, or lack there of, can do to an adult woman! UGH! How exciting about the tooth.. and an eel in the house... YIKES! Way to Go!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Yay! And what a great title for this post! Go my little nephew and niece!