Our sweet girl is 5 months old. I keep waiting for the awe to wear off and it hasn't. I can't believe she is ours, that she lives under this roof and that we get to keep her. For the past month it's been fun recalling how we found out we were expecting her, telling our family and quietly harboring our secret from everyone else. I remember being so excited yet hoping I wouldn't miscarry. I remember thinking over and over that this couldn't possibly be happening to us - that kids don't come into our family in this way and feeling like I surely didn't deserve such a blessing but here she is...sweet, healthy and thriving. When people ooohh and aahhh over her and call her a blessing and a miracle I smile and think, "Oh, you have no idea how adored both of my kids are." I know that having a child is a miracle but it really is a miracle. When I think about 'growing her' for 9 months and how I have provided every bit of sustenance for her for 5 months now it literally boggles my mind. Please don't think that as I sit here and revel in Maddy that Ethan is anything less than amazing. I'll get started on the thrill and miracle of adopting him another day. Enjoy these few pics of Maddy that are precious to me from the past few months. The last one was from a tickle fest with her Daddy last night!



1 comments:
LOVE your new blog and just read through the whole thing!!! Great pics! I'm going to add you to my blogarithm so I will get updates every time you post!
How fun, and what a great way to keep up with my little niece and nephew!!
Love you guys!
Post a Comment